Murphy : “Every New Jerseyan who puts their confidence in science and medicine getting vaccinate will also allow that light to grow a little brighter.”
- Category 1A: frontline health care workers
- Category 1B: essential workers
- Category 1C: adults 65+ w/ high-risk medical conditions
Samedi 19 décembre 2020 ((rezonodwes.com))–During his COVID-19 press briefing on Friday, Gov. Phil Murphy announced plans to open six vaccine “mega sites” across the state in early January.
- Bergen County: Meadowlands Complex
- Morris County: Rockaway Townsquare Mall
- Middlesex County: New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center
- Burlington County: Moorestown Mall
- Gloucester County: Rowan College
- Atlantic County: Atlantic City Convention Center
The six state-coordinated sites will vaccinate front-line healthcare workers and then continue in a phased approach, depending on the supply of vaccine to New Jersey. After these phases are complete, then the public will be eligible for vaccination. The timing of the progression among the groups depends on the supply of vaccine to the state.
“Building out a core infrastructure of vaccination sites is a critical component of our strategic and efficient deployment of a COVID-19 vaccine and is a key element of New Jersey’s recovery,” Murphy said. “These statewide sites will be in position to vaccinate front line health care workers who are part of the 1a category and will continue for each successive group of New Jerseyans that becomes eligible for vaccination.”